The IEEE CS Oman Chapter serves as a platform to bring together members of the IEEE CS. This allows members to cooperate, share ideas, engage in professional activities, and most importantly to work for the betterment of the Sultanate of Oman.
Additionally, the Chapter aims to:
- Raise the awareness about IEEE and the Chapter
- Involve more members in the professional activities
- Increase the number of Computer Society members
By joining the IEEE Computer Society, you automatically become a member of the Oman Chapter, with no extra charge!
The following are some of the benefits of joining the Computer Society and Oman Chapter:
- Receive a monthly issued Computer Magazine. The magazine includes many articles on cutting-edge technologies related to Computer Science and Engineering and Information Systems.
- Become a part of a community that is growing constantly over the past few years.
- Become visible professionally and expand your network in your field.
- Participate in the community service activities that aim to contribute to the betterment of Oman.
- Invitations to attend technical events such as seminars and workshops in the field.
How to become a member?
To become a member in the Chapter, join the IEEE Computer Society by clicking here (https://www.computer.org/web/membership/join) and choose your preferred package. Students (both undergraduate and postgraduate) will get a discount on the membership.
How to participate?
To engage in the activities of the Chapter, simply contact any of the officers (see below) and let us know of your interest. We will be glad to offer you many ways that you can contribute with to the community.
Calendar of Activities
|8 May 2017||Seminar: Big Data Science as a Service, presented by IEEE Distinguished Speaker Prof. Sherif Sakr.|
|7 May 2017||Seminar: Big Data 2.0 Processing Engines, presented by IEEE Distinguished Speaker Prof. Sherif Sakr.|
|17 Apr 2017||Workshop: Using OpenCV for Computer Vision|
|10 Apr 2017||Seminar: Some Aspects of Reliability of FOG Computing|
|29 Mar 2017||Seminar: Some Approaches in Software Faults Identification & Debugging|
|15 Feb 2017||Seminar: Scaling Agile Methods to Regulated Environments|
|14 Feb 2017||Seminar: Open Source Tech Talk, Presented by Mr. Chris DiBona, Director of Open Source, Google|
|1 Dec 2016||Seminar: Security Issues in IPv4-to-IPv6,Tunnel Transition Mechanisms|
|14 Nov 2016||Workshop: Introduction to Hardware Description Language (Verilog)|
|07 Nov 2016||Seminar: Upgrade: Transform your FYP into a company of your own!!!|
|18 Oct 2016||Seminar: DynThings: The Open Source IoT Platform|